- Underlay matting for decoupling and waterproofing tiled flooring
- Bridges small cracks in the subfloor.
- Absorbs stresses in the subfloor to prevent tiles & grout from cracking.
- Allows water vapour pressure to be compensated for if there is residual moisture in the subfloor.
- Suitable for use with underfloor heating
Q. Can you use underfloor heating with DURABASE CI++ Matting?
A. Yes, when installing underfloor heating with DURABASE CI++matting, it is recommended that you install the heating underneath the matting. The layering should be as follows: Concrete Sub Floor, Screed, Underfloor heating, DURABASE CI++ Matting, Tiles. The DURABASE CI++ Matting is manufactured to give good thermal conductivity and will evenly distribute the heat, DURABASE CI++ ensures that movements in the screed caused by thermal fluctuations are balanced out reliably for years to come.
Q. What is DURABASE CI++ For?
A. DURABASE CI++ is for sheer stress protection. Sheer stresses develop whenever surfaces move. Movements can occur due to drying, shrinkage or thermal fluctuations in the screed, which can be caused by underfloor heating or problematic subfloors, for example. With the DURABASE CI++ matting used as a stress alleviating intermediate layer, damaging shear stresses are absorbed by the special triple-layer mat structure, keeping tiled surfaces free of cracks.
Q. Is DURABASE CI++ Waterproof?
A. In combination with tiling, DURABASE CI++ matting acts as an additional seal that prevents water from seeping through. Associated accessories - internal and external corners, sealing collars and joint tape should be used for connecting and sealing butt joints.
Q. How do I lay DURABASE CI++?
A. Fix the DURABASE CI++ matting (fleece layer at the bottom) to the subfloor using a powdered flexible tile adhesive (applied with a 4mm square notched trowel). Tape over the joints with sealing tape. Then press the flexible tile adhesive through the mesh into the depressions and spread across the entire area. Finally, scrape off the excess with a notched trowel and lay the tiles on the CI++ mat.
- All stock items may be returned within 14 days of collection / delivery for a full refund at our discretion. All items must be undamaged and returned in original boxes
- Special order goods – Unfortunately we do not accept returns of goods ordered in from suppliers as a special order under any circumstances.